Psoriasis is a disease that we cannot just relate to adults, but the children can have psoriasis as well. The age doesn’t count for having psoriasis. The adults and children can affect by this disease in any part of their age. However, today our topic is about how to treat psoriasis in children?
Do your children have psoriasis? Are you looking for the detailed information about psoriasis in children and how to treat psoriasis in children? If yes, you need to read this whole article for better understanding.
How can children have psoriasis?
We all are familiar with the term psoriasis. However, the central attention part is how children can have psoriasis. There may be many reasons in which the heredity factor seems a leading part. It is estimated that if anyone in your family; mother or father have psoriasis, then there are 15% chances that your child will have too. Similarly, if both parents have psoriasis, then the occurrence level becomes 75% in the children.
Heredity is the most prominent reasons for the children having psoriasis. If anyone in the family is suffering from this chronic disease, then the chances are that the child will have psoriasis for sure.
The question arises here how to treat psoriasis in children?
Commonly, the treatments that are used for adults are used for children as well for treating psoriasis. Although, the only difference occurs in the dosage and in some of the products. Most of the products in the market are not suitable for children to use.
- Tropical medication: Most of the time, the doctors prefer to use tropical medical treatment for curing psoriasis in children. The tropical treatment usually involves UV light or systemic therapies. However, the curing needs of all the people; adults and children are different from each other and so treat accordingly.
- Light therapy: Another treatment is using light therapy. It is the most efficient way of treating psoriasis. But again it is recommended on the doctor’s advice and according to the patient condition.
Once you and your child get ready for the treatment, it is better to follow the instructions. Sometimes, it becomes very frustrating and hard to treat psoriasis, especially in children.
How to track psoriasis in children?
Symptoms mostly developed by specific events. You can observe the signs, especially in children and teenagers. The most common symptoms are as follows:
- The throat infection causes by streptococcal bacteria
- The redness/scaly patches over the specified area of body
- Some of the symptoms occur in palm and hands also. This type of symptoms related to plaque psoriasis.
How to help children in the fight against psoriasis?
Psoriasis can affect the performance of children not in the home, but also in the classroom too. It can change the social life of a child. It is better to console the children with affection. This condition can be irritating. However, you can help by saying a few statements like:
- It’s not anyone’s fault. Its natural and it happens with many people
- It’s not due to lack of cleanliness
- The treatment is available, and we will get over it soon