Psoriasis in ears? Must feel like an impossible thing, but people get, and those who get to know how it’s feel. Many time you come to hear that psoriasis in-ears are not curable. Well, is this so?
Today in this informative article about psoriasis, we will throw some light on psoriasis in the ears whether the treatment for it is available or not? Similarly, we will do some discussion on the different kinds of myths that we people have created about psoriasis in the ears. On the other hand, we will find out what is the best treatment for psoriasis in ears.
We all familiar that the most common body parts that are affected by psoriasis are the knees, elbows, legs, hands, etc. But getting psoriasis in the ears is not an easy game to handle.
Psoriasis inside and out of ear can be very much irritating and can cause pain in your ear.
What are most common mythoi about psoriasis in ears?
- Most of the time people think that psoriasis develops due to nothing but due to cleanliness around the ear. However, psoriasis is not a transmissible condition even it’s not caused due to touching. But people get psoriasis due to the immune system. When immune system comes in contact with an environmental trigger, it promotes psoriasis.
- Secondly, it is believed that the psoriasis patches do not harm your ear. But in reality, it actually can harm your ears badly. The wax in your ear when combine with scaly patches can block your ear, which may result in unwanted conditions.
- Thirdly, it believes that there is no medication available that can cure psoriasis in the ears. No doubt in that some of the ointments are not helpful and save for curing psoriasis in the ears. But one should consult with the medical experts for their condition.
However, let’s discuss some of the treatments that can help in curing psoriasis.
Treatments for psoriasis in ears
There is enormous treatment for healing psoriasis in ears. Some of them are as follows:
- Home care: Sometimes the home care can help you in getting relief from pain and itching caused by psoriasis. There are many useful things like coconut oil, olive oil and jojoba for moisturizing the dry and scaly skin by psoriasis.
- Manual extraction: Another option is manual extraction. A person can remove the excessive build-up of scaly material in the ear canal. However, for this purpose, a tool is used by doctors. This helps in removing the excessive accumulation of material inside the ear canal without harming your hearing and eardrum.
- Using steroid: The doctor often prescribes a liquid steroid for curing itching and pain in the ear. The steroid like Lidex is one of them.
- Topical treatment: Another best option for curing psoriasis in the ears is a topical medication.Many topical treatments that can be applied to the skin like Dovonex (Calcipotriene) or even the Calcipotriene combination with Betamethasone (Taclonex).